Friday, June 13, 2008

Jogye-sa Temple

This morning we visited the Jogye-sa Temple. This temple is just behind our hotel and we could see it from our room. It looked cool so we thought we would check it out. Here is the view from our room.


When we got down there we realized it was a Buddhist Temple. It is a very pretty building.  We looked at it from the outside. I am not to sure we could have gone inside to take pictures anyway. This building is right next to a bus stop and people were getting off the bus and immediately going into the temple.





This is a Starbucks that we found in Insadong (a shopping market) We were told that it is the only Starbucks in the world that is written in another language other than english. I am not sure if that is true but we thought it was cool anyway.


We came back to the Hotel to cool off and grab a bite to eat and now we are headed out to do some shopping. I am looking for a really pretty Hanbok (a traditional Korean dress) for Catie Beth. And if the boys are being good maybe we will find something for them as well. Love to all!!! We miss you guys!!

5 comments:

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Love the pictures!!! Looks like you are having fun. So happy for you. I think it is funny that they have a Starbucks, there is supposedly one in Moscow too. I am not sure if it is in Russian or not, I'll have to check it out.

Keep on blogging, I am really enjoying it! Thanks for all your posts.

Can't wait to see the picture of the baby in your arms....by the way, who gets to hold her first?

Unknown said...

These pics are awesome!!! Carrie and I were checkin the blog out via blackberry! We just saw the boys at the ball field. They were behaving! We miss you! The pics are awesome! Can't wait for pics of the sweet caite Beth!!!!

Unknown said...

Christa,

I was totally bummed yesterday when my power cord was at work, and I only had enough time to view your blog and get off without a comment. Now fully "hooked" up, I wanted to share with you the results of the ball game. Cody did very well! He had a few singles, and he is fast!!! Unfortunately, your team beat us in the 5th inning by 1. I am glad that you are safe and sound, getting ready for the "miracle" of the moment. Our prayers are with you. :) Talk to you soon!!!
Love,
Carrie

Unknown said...

CODY WON THE TOURNAMENT!!! GOOD GAME! They won 10 to 7.

Anonymous said...

Make sure you definately find something special for the boys!!! EVERY TIME I saw them starting Thurs. night at the tournament they were being such good little boys for their grandma and grandpa.
I hope you find that special Korean dress for Catie!
Love, Trent and Mel