Wednesday, April 16, 2008

1 year ago.....

One year ago today we stepped out on Faith and sent off our Application for Adoption.  This started the journey to our Daughter Caitlyn.  Steve had just returned from a deployment to the Middle East.  During that time we prayed separately about the possibility of adoption.  After he returned we spent two weeks praying together about adoption and the answer that kept coming to us was "yes" and so this began our journey.  

We are soooo close!!!  Yet not quite there.  I am feeling quite a bit of frustration today.  We have everything we need on the US side to bring Catie Beth home.  But apparently we are caught up in the Backlog of people that are waiting for EP(emigration permit) on the Korea side.  I was hoping by some miraculous intervention that we already had EP and just didn't know about it.  But, as each day passes that hope is fading.  I am not sure how much longer we will have to wait for EP but I do know that it usually takes a good two weeks from the time EP is approved for her passport to be ready.  So the waiting continues..........Pray for me......I am really tired of waiting. 

No comments: